This is my next set of seven more Bible verses for parents in pain. I urge you to keep them with you. I cling to these words of truth in the storms I face with my daughter. When nothing and no one can comfort or console me, God’s words do. We can’t fix or change our children, so we need to focus on our own well-being. As you read the scriptures below, find the time and place you can read them out loud. There’s something very powerful in doing this. Make them into your own prayers. How they will fill you and minister to you.
1) Psalm 30:5 . . . Weeping may last for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.
2) Psalm 42:5 Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God. . .
3) Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of he sea . .
4) Psalm 34:18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
5) Isaiah 41:10 . . . do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.
6) 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness . . . for when I am weak, then I am strong.
7) Isaiah 43:1-5 Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers (at flood stage) they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior . . . since you are precious and honored in my sight and because I love you . . . do not be afraid, for I am with you.
Help in trouble.
Honesty with emotions.
Strength and power.
God with us in everything.
What more do we need?
Jesus, you are the Word made flesh. Your Words give us what we need in life’s greatest trials. Cause us to long and thirst for more of it. Through the power of your living Word, speak life and healing to our souls. We have nowhere else to go. Thank you for these gifts you have given.
In your mighty name, Amen.