This is the third in a four-part series of my favorite Bible verses. As a hurting parent they comfort and encourage me. These Spirit-inspired words have strengthened and empowered me in my worst times. Through them I have found courage to get out of bed, face another day and live my life no matter what was happening with my daughter. I hope these words of God will do the same for you.
1) Psalm 94:18-19 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your unfailing love O Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me your consolation brought me joy.
2) Psalm 124:8 Our help is in the name of the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
3) Psalm 30:11 You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing; you have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothes me with joy, that I might sing praises to you and not be silent. O Lord, my God, I will give you thanks forever. (New Living Translation)
4) Psalm 29:11 The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.
5) Psalm 54:4 Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me.
6) 2 Corinthians 4:18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
7) Isaiah 64:4 Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for (trust in) him.
Joy for mourning.
Looking to the eternal.
We tremble speechless before You, Lord of heaven and earth. Who You are and what You’ve done sustains us. Increase our faith to believe these things are really true. It’s too much for our minds to take in. Filled with awe and wonder we bend low with thanksgiving. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Amen.